The Chef Tony Catering Company began as a home-based business in 2003, serving such events as weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, corporate lunches, etc. One consistent theme in the events catered by Chef Tony is their high quality service, healthy and flavorful food selections, and affordable prices. Chef Tony has been catering to a multicultural audience and is an expert at blending flavors, styles and dietary needs into fun and elegant events.
Tony Polanco has worked in the food and service industry for more than twenty years. In addition to being the former chef and owner of Caribbean Malecon restaurant in Charlottesville, Chef Tony has run his own small catering company since 2003 and has worked as a banquets supervisor at the prestigious resort, the Boar’s Head Inn at UVa. During this time Chef Tony has also worked with many of the well-established catering companies around Charlottesville, including The Event Company, Chef Ted, Clifton Hotel, Chef Mike, and others. Before moving to Charlottesville, Chef Tony gained experience in food preparation and service at Holguin restaurant and Royal Prestige Inter-America in New York, NY.
Hors D’oeuvres Menu for October 29
- Antipasti platter with organic butcher salami, prosciutto, Serrano, country paté, mortadella, cornichon, pickled pear, pearl onions, Dijon mustard, & crispy Italian bread;
- Sun-dried tomatoes and basil on polenta mini cakes;
- Tomato crostini bruschetta with baked white cheddar cheese, drizzled with balsamic glaze
- Fried green plantain (Tostones) with shrimp and vegetable salad
- Caribbean braised beef on cornbread cake and française dressing
- Lamb “lollipops” with red wine reduction sauce
- Grilled bite-size sweet peppers with saltine crackers
- Sweets table including a variety of fresh, delicious desserts