Celebration of Business Diversity – June 23, 2016We had the privilege this summer to present the fifth annual Chuck Lewis Passion Award to a man who has generously shared his vision, creativity, dedication and talent with the FABA community: Chef Tony Polanco.
Tony and his team prepared an amazing feast, as they have done many times in the past. But this time, our guests had the special opportunity to appreciate Tony’s heartfelt words as well as his food.
Amid cheers and applause, many hugs and a few tears, Tony recounted his journey as an entrepreneur. He gave credit to his family, his mentors at the Community Investment Collaborative, and the appreciative community of Charlottesville. And he gave encouragement to anyone who wishes to succeed as a small business owner.
Forward/Adelante Business Alliance gives our thanks to the supportive community members who make our events possible:
- Our 2016 Event Sponsor, The University of Virginia Office of the Vice President and Chief Officer for Diversity and Equity, and our contributing partners: Community Investment Collaborative, The Tax Ladies, and Albemarle County Economic Development
- Our hosts at The Paramount Theater and their volunteers
- The FABA team of Alex Urpí, Cristel Noel, Tony Polanco, Lily Garay, Ann Marie Hohenberger, and Xavier Urpí, and our team of volunteers
- Musicians Lily Garay and Jordan Chambers, who gave a delightful performance of “Cielito Lindo” and “The Girl from Ipanema”
- Photographer Melody Robbins
Forward/Adelante Business Alliance (FABA) is a culturally diverse business alliance where professionals, business leaders and organizations can share ideas, provide education and build relationships. Together, we’ll learn from each other, expand our network base, promote our services, and support our local economy.
Support FABA’s work: become a FABA Member today! Visit FABAconnect.com/membership